Terms and Conditions
Hardman Driving School
- The Instructor will provide driving instruction for the pupil at the agreed rates and times. The cost of driving lessons will have been clearly explained upon first contact with Hardman Driving School and again at the beginning of the first lesson.
- All Hardman Driving School Instructors will behave in a professional manner towards clients at all times. The instructor will avoid physical contact with a client except in an emergency or in the normal course of greeting. Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving tuition, the instructor will not act in any manner which contravenes legislation on discrimination or the Driving Standards Agency (D.S.A.) Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors.
- All bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, illness or mechanical breakdown. Hardman Driving School cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the postponement of any lessons / Practical Driving Test, for whatever reason.
- Any pupil may be refused a driving lesson if the Instructor has reason to believe that the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
- The Instructor may refuse to carry on giving a pupil driving lessons without notice if the Instructor is not satisfied with a pupil’s conduct or commitment throughout the lessons. A pupil may be refused entry into the driving school vehicle if they are wearing soiled clothing or muddy work boots and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
- Instructors will advise clients when to apply for their theory and practical driving tests. The instructor will not cancel or re-arrange a driving test without the client’s agreement. When presenting a client for the practical driving test, the instructor will ensure that the client has all the necessary documentation to enable the client to take the test and that the vehicle is roadworthy.
- If a pupil has entered for a driving test and does not keep up to date with their lessons prior to the test, or if in the opinion of the Instructor the pupil is not safe to proceed with the test, the Instructor reserves the right to refuse the use of the tuition vehicle for the driving test. In which case the Instructor will not be liable for any loss of test fees.
- Provided the pupil is in possession of a valid driving license and is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving Standards Agency A.D.I or approved DSA Examiner, all Hardman Driving School cars are fully insured for tuition and driving tests.
- The instructor will check a client’s entitlement to drive the vehicle and their ability to read a number plate at the statutory distance of 20.5 metres with the use of glasses or contact lenses if appropriate on the first lesson.
- The instructor will make every effort to train you to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors you commit whilst driving and unaccompanied by your instructor before, during or after a test pass.
- Pupils must advise their instructor of any medication or prescription drugs they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely before taking any lesson booked.
- If a pupil is required to wear glasses or contact lenses whilst driving and he/she fails to wear them on a driving lesson, then the lesson will be cancelled with full charge to the pupil or parents.
- The pupil will give the Instructor a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel or change a lesson for no charge to occur, otherwise the lesson fee will be payable. If you fail to turn up for an appointment (Your instructor will wait at the agreed pickup point for 10 minutes only) and no cancellation notice was provided by you to the Instructor before the start of the lesson then the full charge of the lesson will be payable. If any lessons paid for in advance or with vouchers are cancelled within 24 hours, then the full amount of a lesson will be charged.
- The instructor must be notified of the date and time of a driving test self booked by the pupil at least 10 working days before the test date.
All Hardman Driving School pupils are bound by these terms and conditions.
Driving Lesson Voucher terms & conditions
- The 5 lesson offer is split 3 at the beginning and 2 for the week of your test with normal lesson rates charged in between. All lessons to be taken congruently and no longer than a 2 week interval between. The offer will not apply to those individuals who book a test without the instructor’s prior knowledge.
- 10 lesson Block booking vouchers offer a discount on services provided therefore are non-refundable in part, or whole.
- Block booking vouchers are intended to be used on a minimum one lesson per week basis.
- In purchasing 10 lessons block booking you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Driving lessons will commence at a pre-arranged location and will finish at a location that is amicable with yourself and your instructor. This can be different than that of the location that the lesson commenced. Different locations can be discussed with your instructor although if you are unable to drive to this location due to inexperience of the road conditions, the instructor will drive. The instructor driving you to this location form part of the driving lesson which has been paid for.
Complaint or grievances If a pupil would like to make a complaint or has a grievance, then they must contact in the first instance Hardman Driving School 30 Rothesay Drive Crosby Liverpool L23 0RF All terms of business are correct at time of printing. Hardman Driving School reserves the right to make changes to the terms of business without prior notice.